Following decisions were made by the 19th meeting of the High-Level Coordination Committee for the Prevention and Control of COVID-19 convened under the chairmanship of Hon. Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister for Defense Mr. Ishwar Pokharel on 15 April 2020:
- Taking into account the growing impact of COVID-19 contagion, the Ministry of Health and Population shall effectively carry forward the task of RDT and PCR test by mobilizing the doctors from government as well as private sectors working at federal, provincial and local levels.
- In order to change the Narayani Sub-regional Hospital located at Birgunj into corona dedicated hospital, the Ministry of Health and Population shall arrange equipments and necessary materials.
- As there is the need of intensive PCR test to effectively carry forward the task of the prevention and control of COVID-19 contagion, the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology shall arrange to provide the PCR machine that is in Tribhuvan University in Kirtipur to the Province No. 2 to be used throughout the contagion period.
- Direct the concerned agencies for making the contribution of health workers and security personals, who are directly involved in the task of prevention and control of corona contagion, to the “Corona Virus Infection Prevention, Control and Treatment Fund” voluntary.
- Postpone the national commercial fights that are being postponed during the period of COVID-19 contagion until 30 April 2020.
- In order to minimize the risk of corona contagion, home administration shall make necessary arrangements to facilitate the operation of the industries that produce essential daily consumable goods, agriculture business, regular supply of raw materials that are necessary for industries and construction businesses, operation of businesses and the shipment of products up to the markets by ensuring full compliance to the provisions of the decisions made on 2 April 2020 by this High-Level Coordination Committee. But the police administration shall make strict surveillance and stop the non-compliance of the above-mentioned conditions and standards by agriculture business, development and construction business and in the shipment of raw materials to the industries, business operations and marketization.
- Regarding prevention, control and treatment of COVID-19, action plans and reports on making plan for management and mobilization of youths, sports persons and relief distribution volunteers and coordination for implementation, on making action plans and mobilizing organizations and institutions to improve and address the impacts and potential impacts on women, children and senior citizens, and on coordination with various political parties in the parliament were presented by Hon. Minister for Youth and Sports, Hon. Minister for Women, Children and Senior Citizens and Hon. Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs respectively. Above-mentioned action plans and reports were approved with necessary amendment.
- In order to study the impact on national economy due to the direct impact on foreign employment because of COVID-19 pandemic and submit a report with recommendations, a task force shall be formed under the convenorship of Hon. Member of National Planning Commission (Responsible for labour and employment sector) comprising one gazetted first class official each from the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Secretariat of National Planning Commission and the Ministry of Labodur, Employment and Social Security as the members.
Relevant ministries shall submit the Standards Related to Relief to be Provided to the Labourers in Unorganized Sectors (Sample), 2076 and the Guidelines for the Mobilization of Volunteers in the Community for the Prevention and Control of COVID-19 (Proposed), 2076 in the next meeting by making necessary amendments.